Last modified: August 2018
VIMtrek, LLC, d/b/a SmartBIM Technologies (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.smartbimtechnologies.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
1. On the Website.
2. In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
3. When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
1. Use offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
2. Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible via the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information via the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
1. By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
2. That is about you but individually does not identify you directly, such as your employer name, occupation, and/or industry
3. About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
1. Directly from you when you provide it to us.
2. Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
3. From third parties, for example, social media platforms and/or our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, registering for any service we provide, or requesting information or newsletters. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
2. Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
3. Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
1. Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
2. Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
1. Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
2. Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
3. Speed up your searches.
4. Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
2. Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
3. Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
1. To present our Website and its contents to you.
2. To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
3. To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
3. To provide you with notices about your account.
4. To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
5. To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
6. In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
7. For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email stating your request to email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
2. To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
3. To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
4. To our customers in connection with providing services to them.
5. To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of VIMtrek, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by VIMtrek, LLC, d/b/a SmartBIM about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
6. To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
7. To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address in connection with requesting further information, we will use that email address to correspond with you, and may share it with manufacturers whose products we feature.
8. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
9. With your consent.
1. To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
3. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, identity or safety of VIMtrek, LLC, d/b/a SmartBIM, you, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
2. Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box on messages you receive from us. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may also ask you to verify your identity if you request deletion of any of your Personal Information. We will endeavor to process any valid and lawful request within 48 hours.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: 5000 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard Suite 160 Norcross, GA 30071.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
VIMtrek, LLC, d/b/a SmartBIM
5000 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard
Norcross, GA 30071
Or via email: