Product Manager - Atlanta Based
We are looking for a multifaceted Product Manager Leader to define and own the process of conducting extensive market research with a proven track record of successfully being able to find problems within the marketplace. We need someone who can present that data in a meaningful way and help us execute upon those ideas to generate revenue and solidify our product roadmap.
Our culture promotes communication, creative control, collaboration across all departments and high quality delivery of our product offerings. If you have a passion for product management and market research, we'd love to have you on our team!
We make products that provide cutting edge solutions to the BPM (Building Product Manufacturer) and AEC (Architect, Engineering and Construction) industries. We allow manufacturers to store and manage their digital representations of their products on our Platform. This allows the manufacturer to distribute their content to architects all over the world to create meaningful connections between the BPM and the AEC.
You will analyze data to provide incontrovertible evidence towards market trends and analysis of customer and prospective customer’s pain points. This data will guide our product innovation and define the product roadmap.
You will be running the gamut of full stack product development by formulating or assisting in the creation of product strategy, product design and customer communication. You will be responsible for collaborating with development, managing go to market strategies and communicating product strategy to the marketing and sales department.
This is a hands on position and requires someone who has the ability to be multifaceted.
- Full understanding of current product offerings
- Evaluates competitors and analogous products by comparing our offerings to other solutions in the marketplace
- Responsible for determining customer needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Interviewing customers and prospective customers to gather market research on pain points and potential solutions to said pain points
- Having the ability to translate customer and prospective customer pain points, market trends and analysis to the Product team in order to help determine areas of innovation to existing or new product offerings that will define the product roadmap
- Accountable in the creation of and the review of product requirements in order to ensure that they adhere in a meaningful way to the data that was gathered to ensure we are providing viable solutions to the marketplace
- Creates and updates personas for each prospective customer or current customer in reaction to customer interviews
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies
- Assists in the organization and execution of focus groups by working with marketing and/or sales to bring in viable candidates to sample current and future product offerings. This is done in order to receive in person feedback from the marketplace by watching and notating how participants interact with our solutions and their feelings towards them.
- Responsible for data tabulation in regard to focus groups
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, customer success and marketing
- Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are paramount. This includes the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
- Must be comfortable speaking with customers or prospects on a daily basis in order to gather information
- Excellent adaptability and collaborative skills as this is a very cohesive group that wears many hats and must work together on a multitude of items
- Must be able to present data gathered in a clear and concise format, that is beneficial to the company
- This position may require domestic travel for onsite customer interaction
- Accountable in developing, getting buy-in for, and communicating the product roadmap to stakeholders and helping to maintain the product roadmap
- BS, MBA or equivalent degree in business, design, marketing or development
- Has experience with API product management experience
- MUST HAVE 4+ years as a product manager in a software company
- Excellent writing and communication skills, as you will need to tell us all of the details of your findings as well as to collaborate on requirements to ensure that we are creating something that aligns with your findings in the marketplace as well as helping to write user stories
- AEC/BPM expert or industry experience a strong plus
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making
- Knowledge of or experience with the agile scrum process/methodology
- Comfortable using collaboration tools such as Slack, JIRA, and Favro. SalesForce knowledge is a plus!
- You will be entrenched in full stack product development by formulating or assisting in the creation of product strategy, product design and customer communication
- You will be responsible for collaborating with development, managing go to market strategies and communicating product strategy to the marketing and sales department